Plastics are sensitive to degradation by UV light and must be therefore protected when exposed to solar radiation. The extent and rate of this degradation is influenced by various parameters such as, for example, climatic conditions, thickness of the part, polymer type or the presence of other additives.
Dai A plastics offers a wide range of UV stabilizer masterbatches. These cover applications in agriculture, industrial and food packaging, polymers such as PE, PP, EVA, and range from standard grades to highly performing stabilizer packages based on the latest generation of HALS (Hindered Amine Light Stabilizer).
- IM-UV783 gives very good UV protection to polyolefin plastics;
- The active ingredient consists of HALS which gives the most effective light stabilization effect at low dosages;
- It has no effect on sealability;
- IM-UV783 can be used in all polyolefin – mainly in thin applications, such as films and tapes;
- It is especially recommended for applications requiring low volatility and minimal migration;
- Color stability is over 24 months and upon to the color pigment quality in the part.